The circuit of the archeological ruins of Chavín de Huántar is part of the cultural experience of Callejón de Huaylas. To reach Chavín, we start southwards from the town of Huaraz , passing through the small towns of Recuay (3 394m), Ticapampa and Cátac. From Catac we take a route for 70 Km, during which we visit Querococha Lake (3,980 m). We can then reach the Cahuish tunnel (4 500m), through which we enter the Conchucos region, where we're greeted by the statue of “Peace Christ”. The route descends passing through the village of Tambillo , lookout point of Mosna, and the villages of Shirapata, Hirca-Huari, Machac, Quercos and the hot springs of Chavín before reaching the village of Chavin where the archeological ruins are located. The archeological ruins are located at the confluence of two rivers, Mosna and Wacheqsa, at an altitude of approximately 3 177m. The complex extends on an area of 17 hectares and includes 26 galleries, of which only 4 are visited. There are supposedly 56 “heads”, of which only one is preserved “in situ”. Also visited are: the main square, the passage of Falcónidas, the circular Plaza, the Lanzon Gallery, the labyrinth gallery, the slaves' gallery, the exhibition hall, among others. After the visit we return to Huaraz by the same route.
- The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please catch up us on the web for more information.
- The reservation of the following program is made with a deposit of 30% of the total price and 70% need to be paid upon your arrival of you to Huaraz.
- The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency.
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz.
- This voucher can be exchanged for a ticket or part of the payment in the case of cancellation of the service.
- The reservation is made 30 days before your arrival to Huaraz.
- Information: As our travel agency is located in Huaraz, we do not have an office in Lima. We are registered in the Ministry of Tourism and the Sunat, our number of Ruc is 20530797091 "Enrique Expedition Tours EIRL ".
- For more information please contact the following telephone numbers: 043 425362 - Mobile 943816061
- Please note that these prices do not apply in the week of Pentecoast and celebration days.
- The price of the program is per person.
- The prices are in Nuevos Soles.
- To pay in Dollar you need to use the exchange rate of the operation day.
- The prices are applicable for groups of adults (every 15th person – 1 person for free).
- The price of children (5-10 years) is with additional bed.
- The price of children without bed (1-4 years), shared with adults.
- Time of departure of tours: Between 9 to 10 am.
- The tours could be exchanged in between the days, depending on the weather, to enjoy the best conditions.
-The company reserves the right to change the vehicle, according to the number of people who take part in the tour.
- The bus Lima-Huaraz-Lima is supposed to make stops at: Terminals, Control Ministry of Transport and police.
- HOTEL ATTENTION: 12 AM TO 12 AM.