PERU TREK QUILCAYHUANCA ISHINCA, specialized in the Organization of PERU TREK QUILCAYHUANCA ISHINCA, operators have a team of professional work experience in the field of tourism of high mountain, whose main objective is to provide quality, safety and warranty on all of our services, in this way, meet the expectations and demands of the customer. We will help you to organize your Tours program in bus, conventional Tours, Trekking, Climbing, hiking, climbing in the Cordillera Blanca and Huayhuash ice as well as in Cusco - Arequipa - Puno - Huaraz, Peru.
Trekking Quilcayhuanca Cojup - Ishinca
|* Maximum Altitude
||5.020m (Huapi Pass)
||Moderate - Difficult
|* Trekking Route
||Q. Quilcayhuanca - Q. Ishinca.
|* Recommended Season
||Huascarán National Park
* Starting Point of Expedition : Huaraz
||Lima - Perú
Adventure, Nature, Ecological
|* Average Temp.
||Day: 12ºC - 23ºC
||Night: ‾ 4ºC - 6ºC.
Day 1 : Country of origin to Lima, stay at hotel.
Day 2 : Lima to Huaraz, the capital of Ancash department (3,090m) by bus (8 hours), crossing the pass of Conococha at 4,500 m. Transfer to hotel in Huaraz.
Day 3 : Huaraz - Pitec - Quebrada Quilcayhuanca - Quebrada Tullpacocha We leave Huaraz on transportation to the small village of Llupa (3650 m), from where we start the trek up to the village of Pitec (3850 m), for about 2 hours. After a small break, we continue with porters to the trail fork of the valleys Quilcayhuanca and Cayesh. We take the trail to Tullpacocha valley and walk to first camping site at 4250 m.
Day 4 : Tullpacocha - Paso Huapi (5020 m) - Cojup Valley.
On the second day we start on the trail that climbs to Cuchillacocha Lake (4625 m) situated at the base of Pucaranra (6156 m) and Chinchey (6222 m), and then continue climbing to Huapi Pass (5020 m), about 5 hours. From this point, the highest of the circuit, we have a view of Nevados Huapi, Pucaranra, Tullparaju, Andavete, Cayesh, Maparaju, San Juan, Palcaraju, Ishinca and Ranrapalca. WE then descend to Cojup valley and camp at the bottom of this beautiful valley, with excellent sunset views.
Day 5 : from the camping site we walk on a well-marked trail to the left, reaching Perolcocha Chica Lake. We make a camp site next to the lakes.
Day 6 : On this day, we follow the trail on the moraine and up to the col between Ranrapalca and Ishinca. From this point on, we put on crampons and safety gear and climb through the right to the smaller summit of Ishinca (5300m). Here we will have a scenic view: on one side, the turquoise lake Perolcocha (4950m) at the base of the SE ridge of Ranrapalca. South of the lake, Huantsan, although far away, dominates the view along with nevados Pucaranra (6147m) and Palcaraju (6274m) and Ishinca (5530m). The cone of Tocllaraju (6032m) is distinguishable to the north, in front of Copa (6188m) and Huascarán (6768m). We then descend about 175m to the left leaving the glacier, next to a big granite wall. We continue to the left to the base camp of Ishinca Valley, and camp at 4200m. From here, the view of Urus (5495m.) and Tocllaraju is impressive.
Dia 7 : We descend 550m from the base camp to the village of Collón or Pashpa where private transportation will meet us to take us back to Huaraz.
*** End of Service, Trekking Quilcayhuanca Ishinca – Peru ***
The Expedition Price Includes:
- Reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transport to hotel
- 02 nights lodging in Huaraz (double bed, breakfast included)
- Certified Trekking Guide (English and Spanish)
- First-Aid kit.
- Camping gear (2 person tent, mattress, and portable outhouse)
- Kitchen stuffs (meal tent, tables, chairs, lantern, and utensils)
- Personalized attention of “Enrique Expedition Tours”
- Donkeys and donkey driver to transport camping gear
- Donkeys to transport personal gear (recommended; 15kg per person)
- More than 1 persons one horse for emergency case
- Local transportation Huaraz - Cashapampa / Vaqueria - Huaraz
- Cook, specialized in vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods
- All meals during the expedition (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
* Meals include: omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all of these are high in carbohydrates to compensate for the elevated physical activity), hot drinks (such as coca tea, which is excellent for coping with the high altitude)
The Client is Responsible for:
- Huascaràn National Park entrance fee ($22.=USD)
- Transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Sleeping bag (Recommended; ‾ 14°C)
- Meals in Huaraz
- Personal clothing and trekking gear (waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats, sunglasses, headlamp, hiking shoes, poncho, water bottle, sun block, etc.)
Important Information for the Client:
- We recommend a reservation with at least 8 month of anticipation, so that we may offer the best prices possible.
- The reservation is made with the payment of 40% of the total price. With the remaining 60% paid on arrival to Huaraz (in the office of “Enrique Expedition Tours”).
- Please inform us (“Enrique Expedition Tours”) once the 40% has been deposited, and we will send you a reservation voucher, with a complete itinerary of your stay with us here in Peru.
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz –Lima is not include, but we recommend using
- Cruz del Sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Bus cama ( VIP) service
This bus service includes:
• 2 level bus
• 2nd level has fully reclining seats
• Radar to detect objects in the road (within 150m.)
• Internal video cameras (for the security of the passenger)
• 02 Bathrooms
• Non-stop service to Huaraz
•Meals while in route
• Air conditioning and heating
• Individual reading lamps
• Bingo (return ticket as a prize)
*There are also flights Lima-Huaraz-Lima
The airline is “LC Perú” – HUARAZ.
Everyday flights are:
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8.15 AM - Arrival 9: 05 AM
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35 AM - Arrival 10:25 AM
- All passengers must be at the airport an hour before the flight.
- LUGGAGE: All passengers are allowed 15kg of luggage (10kg checked, 5kg carry-on). There is a fee of $1.00 for every kg in excess of the allotted weight (not including tax)
- The cost of the flight is $144.00 USD per person
If you would like to use the services of “LC Perú” - HUARAZ , please let us know.
Alimentation for Quilcayhuanca Ishinca Trek (5 days)
- Tea, coffee, coca tea, herbal teas, milk, hot chocolate, butter, jam (2 flavors), honey, oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, cheese, bread, and avocado
- Fruits (orange, apple, banana, mandarin)
- Cheese sandwich
- Ham sandwich
- Tuna sandwich
- Avocado, etc.
- Hard candy
1st day: Cream of Mushroom………………….. Spaghetti with meat sauce
2nd day: Asparagus Soup………….…………… Vegetable Tortilla with Meat
3rd day: Vegetable Soup…………………………Lomo Saltado
Also, meals include: hot drinks, breads, popcorn, desserts (mazamorra morada, mazamorra de melocotón, jello, etc.)
Gear Recommended for Quilcayhuanca - Ishinca trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
·Plastic bags .