Day1. - Arrival to Lima
Reception in the airport and transport to a local hotel of confidence
Day 2. - Transport Lima - Huaraz (bus)
We travel by bus from Lima – Huaraz (capital of the department of Ancash, 3,100m.) in “Cruz del Sur”, service bus cama (VIP). http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
Departure time from Lima 09:30am and arrival time in Huaraz 5:30pm; reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transportation to a local hotel.
The personnel from “Enrique Expedition Tours” will give you further information about the hiking and climbing that you will be doing here in the Cordillera Blanca.
Day 3. - Acclimatization trek, Laguna Churup (4450m.) – Hotel.
We leave from Huaraz in a private bus to Pitec (3850 m.)First we will pass the town of LLupa (3650 m.); at this point there is a full view of the southern end of the Cordillera Blanca and the picturesque towns on the outskirts of Huaraz. Arriving to Pitec we will begin our hike through Churup Gorge and after a few hours of hiking we will reach Laguna Churup. Here we will rest for about an hour, at which point we will begin our descent back to the city of Huaraz.
Organization of technical materials and logistical information, given by our Guide (AGMP - UIAGM - IFMGA), about the expedition trek: Pisco – Chopiclaqui.
Day 4.- Huaraz – Laguna de Llanganuco - Cebollapampa (3900m) – Base Camp Pisco (4665m)
Pick-up at hotel, and departure heading north of Huaraz, to Yungay (2500m); where we will turn to the east, into the Llanganuco Valley and enter Huascaràn National Park. After entering the park we will pass the two beautiful lakes of Llanganuco (Chinancocha and Orconchocha), and shortly afterwards, we will arrive at Cebollapampa (3900m). At Cebollapampa, donkeys and a donkey driver will be waiting for us, to transport our camping and personal gear, and we will begin our hike to Pisco base camp (4665m). The hike will be, approximately 5 hours long.
(Ascent: + 765m; Duration: 5 – 6 hours).
Day 5. -Base Camp (4665m) – Pisco Summit (5750m) – Base Camp
This day, we will leave camp at, approximately 3:00am. Leaving base camp we will pass a very rocky section that should take about 2 hours to pass. After this section, we will enter the glacier, and pass several small crevasses. Once arriving on the summit, if we’re lucky, we will have a breathtaking 360° panorama of the Cordillera Blanca; including: Huáscaran, Chopicalqui, Chacraraju, Artesonraju, and Alpamayo. Afterwards, we will return to Base Camp for the night.
This route is not technical, but it is necessary to use rope and gear the entire climb for our safety.
(Ascent: + 1085m; duration: 5 – 6 hours).
Day 6.- Base Camp (4665m) – Cebollapampa (3900m).
After breakfast, we will clean up camp, load the donkeys, and head back to Cebollapampa; where we will make camp for the night.
Day 7.- Cebollapampa (3900m) - Portachuelo de Llanganuco – Base Camp Chopicalqui.
This day we will load the donkeys, with climbing and camping gear, and hike to the base camp of Chopicalqui (4350m)
(Ascent: + 150m; Duration: 4 - 5 hours).
Day 8.- Base Camp (4350m) – Camp Morrena (5000m) - Camp 1 (5600m)
Leaving base camp, we will head up to the left, towards the morrena (5000m). Once entering the glacier, we will find soft snow and pass several hills, until finally reaching a large platform; where we will make camp for the night (Camp 1).
(Ascent: + 1250m; Duration: 4 - 5 hours).
Day 9. - Camp 1 (5600m) - Chopicalqui Summit (6354m) – Base Camp.
We will leave camp between 3 – 4am to begin our climb to the summit.
In the climb we will pass crevasses and follow the ridge, until reaching a flat area; where we will begin our final push to the summit. Just before reaching the summit there is a crevasse, which we will pass by climb a 20m wall, with an incline of 90-95°. This wall will put us right on the summit, with an exceptional view of the Cordillera Blanca. After resting on the summit, we will head back to Base Camp, picking up Camp 1 on the way.
(Ascent: + 754m; Duration: 7 - 8 hours).
Day 10. - Chopicalqui Base Camp (4350m) – Portachuelo de Llanganuco – Huaraz – Hotel.
We will clean up Base Camp and hike to Portachuelo de Llanganuco, where a bus will take us back to Huaraz. (Descent: - 1200m; Duration: 4 hours)
(Ascent: + 150 m; Duration: 5 - 6 hours).
Day 11. - Leave Huaraz for Lima (Bus)
Transport from hostel to bus terminal of “Cruz del Sur” and departure from Huaraz
*You may depart morning or night, depending on your preference.
In Lima, pick-up, and transport from bus terminal - hotel
Day 12. - Lima; Hotel - airport – Return home
This day you will be picked-up from the hotel and taken to the airport in time for your flight home.
**** End of service for “Expedición de Ascensión Cordillera Blanca ****
The Price of the expedition includes:
- 2 nights lodging in Lima (double bed, breakfast included)
- When you arrive to Lima we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- Ticket Transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima, bus semi (VIP) http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Pickup at bus terminal, in Huaraz, and transport to hotel
- 2 nights at hotel, in Huaraz (with breakfast)
- Specialized climbing guide, certified by Casa de Guías (UIAGM)
- Cook – Porter, to transport gear from Base Camp to Camp 1 (Cholpicalqui)
- First-Aid kit
- Camping gear (4-season tent and mattress)
- Kitchen stuffs (utensils)
- Technical climbing gear (rope, aluminum stakes, quick draws, etc.)
- Transportation Huaraz – Portachuelo de Llanganuco - Huaraz
- All meals during the expedition (breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner)
* Meals include: omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all of these are high in carbohydrates to compensate for the elevated physical activity), hot drinks (such as coca tea, which is excellent for coping with the high altitude)
* Snack includes: tea, coffee, small breads, and popcorn
Client is Responsible for:
- Extra nights in Huaraz
- Huascaràn National Park entrance fee ($22.=USD)
- All meals in Huaraz
- Personal clothing and gear [waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats, harness, ice axe, crampons, mountaineering (plastic) boots]
- Sleeping bag (recommended; ‾15°C)